Are you suffering from a cavity or tooth decay? Aside from being detrimental to your oral health, an issue like that could also lead to low self-esteem or confidence due to the way it damages your smile. Here at Madera Family Dental Care in Madera, CA, your dentist, Dr. Ahmed ELSayed, can help bring back the quality of your smile and overall oral health with dental fillings.
Do I Need Dental Fillings?
Although fillings are most frequently used to treat cavities, dental fillings can likewise help with dental problems such as:
- Broken teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Worn-down teeth
How Do Dental Fillings Work?
When tooth decay damages a tooth, the result is a cavity or hole. If left untreated, the harmful bacteria that is left from the cavity is given the chance to thrive and damage the tooth further. Dental fillings function to replace or “fill” the portion of a tooth that has been damaged by decay. With a filling, your tooth is refortified and bacteria or decay will be unable to impose damage on the tooth.
What is Involved in The Procedure?
Generally, a dental filling procedure will include the following steps:
- The procedure will start with Dr. ELSayed administering an anesthetic to numb the area that requires treatment.
- Decay that is present in your affected tooth will be removed and the tooth disinfected.
- The cavity or hole produced from the decay extraction is filled with a particular material.
What are The Types of Dental Fillings?
Dental fillings can be made from a wide variety of materials:
- Composite resin. This is the most common type of material used for dental fillings, as they closely resemble and match the color of your teeth. It is composed of acrylic resin and powdered glass. It is highly durable, lasting from five to 15 years if you take proper care of them.
- Resin or Glass Ionomer. Ionomer fillings are typically utilized for minute or minor cavities between teeth. They are made from acrylic acids combined with glass particles. They are fragile and look just like your other teeth. With proper dental care, they can last for up to five years.
- Porcelain – This is among the most popular material for fillings as it doesn’t stain easily and could last for up to 15 years or more. They are likewise the most natural-looking.
Find Out If You’re Eligible for Dental Fillings Now, Call Us
Book an assessment with your dentist, Dr. Ahmed ElSayed of Madera Family Dental Care here in Madera, CA, by dialing (559) 661-4114.
|Monday:||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Tuesday:||9:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday:||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Thursday:||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|