Even if your teeth are bright and white, it doesn’t mean that you don’t have to continue to practice good oral hygiene. That means brushing each day and flossing daily. Dr. Ahmed Elsayed is a dentist in Madera, CA. He is committed to helping all his dental patients keep their teeth and gums healthy and can also offer advice about keeping your teeth white, including professional teeth whitening. Here are some tips for keeping your teeth white, according to Madera Family Dental Care.
How to Keep Your Teeth White
Madera dental patients who want to retain a white smile should follow these tips:
- Brush at least twice each day: This will help to remove plaque deposits and reduce the build-up of surface stains on your teeth.
- Floss daily: Don’t rush flossing, make sure you do a thorough job so that all the trapped food particles and bacteria are removed from between your teeth.
- Avoid teeth stainers: Certain foods and beverages can increase surface stains on your teeth. These include tomato paste, soy sauce, citrus fruits, curry, blackberries, blueberries, red and white wine, tea, and coffee. If you don’t want to give up your favorites, make sure you brush after consuming them.
- Avoid tobacco products: The tar and nicotine in tobacco quickly add yellow and brown stains to the teeth.
- Make biannual dental appointments: When you visit your dentist for your six-month check-up, you not only get a thorough examination, you also get a professional dental cleaning, which helps keep your teeth white.
- Get professional teeth whitening in Madera: If your teeth already have heavy staining, in-chair dental whitening can remove surface stains and make your teeth up to seven shades whiter. This can give you the smile you have always dreamed of.
If you are a Madera, CA, resident and you would like to find out more about professional teeth whitening, call Dr. Ahmed Elsayed of Madera Family Dental care at 559-661-4114 to schedule an appointment.
|Monday:||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Tuesday:||9:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday:||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Thursday:||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|